In order to properly understand what God has done in the entirely of scripture. It is important to first begin with the truths found in Genesis. It is in Genesis that the humans begin. To gain perspective on where humanity is now it important to understand where it all started. Every good story has a beginning and what greater story to tell than God’s work in the lives of humans. The story of this all begins in the first book of the Bible, Genesis.
Humanity begins with the world where we find ourselves now. God created this very planet in only six days. God begins with an earth that was “without form and void (NKJV).” The Spirit spectated this formless world by “hovering over the face of the waters (NKJV).” However, this would all soon change for a reason that God only knows in his will, the form less would soon be turned good by power greater than any other and a wisdom which cannot be compared. God would soon speak all reality into existence with His Words.
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.”(Ecclesiastes 3:11, NKJV)
The Days of Creation
- Day 1 (Genesis 1:3-5): God creates light and separated the light from the darkness creating day and night.
- Day 2 (Genesis 1:6-8): God created water and sky.
- Day 3 (Genesis 1:9-13): God creates dry land and plants.
- Day 4 (Genesis 1:14-19): God creates stars. God then gave earth her very own star the sun and gave the moon to reflect light at night.
- Day 5 (Genesis 1:20-23): God creates birds and sea creatures.
- Day 6 ( Genesis 6:24-31): God creates animals of the dry land and the first man after God’s own image.
- Days 7 (Genesis 2:1-3): God rests.
The earth we find ourselves in is only the beginning of the story, but it testifies of the greatness of God. God was able to create this whole world that is both complicated beyond our understanding and beautiful in just six days! Beyond that God made a way for the earth to continue in these six days by allowing plants and animals to reproduce after their kind. God has now created the perfect environment for his next creation humanity which is the focus of the Bible.
“For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the LORD, and there is no other.”(Isaiah 45:18, NKJV)